Wild Peach Ceremonies Booking Conditions & Terms
1. Bookings are accepted in good faith, based on the information provided by the client, and are deemed to be accepted only when the deposit/booking fee is paid and acknowledged in writing.
2. No additional costs, or changes in costs, can be made after the contract is signed by both parties unless the client wishes to add the provision of extra services to the contract. The celebrant reserves the right to increase the fee payable due to altered instructions of engagement, e.g. time at the event being extended or the venue changed. In this case, a revised or additional contract should be created as per point 1.
3. After the booking form is signed, the celebrant must confirm the terms of the agreement, in writing to the client; but only if the terms of the contract e.g. costs, have not already been provided, pre-contract.
4. Any client entering into a contract with a celebrant will have 14 calendar days in which to change their minds, and do not have to give a reason for doing so. A cancellation form will be issued with the booking form. You do not have to use this cancellation form as long as you make it clear that you are cancelling. Because the burden of proof for showing cancellation within the cancellation period rests with the client, it will be in the client’s interest to keep some record of the cancellation.
The 14-day cancellation period starts the day after the contract has been signed.
5. If you have asked the celebrant to start work on the ceremony, and they have done so, you can still change your mind within 14 days, but you will pay for any work done in that period. The celebrant can charge for any work done up to the point of cancellation.
6. Any deposit/booking fee is deducted from the final account. In the event of cancellation, it may be non-returnable – see 10. Cancellation Charges below. The balance of the account is payable 30 days prior to the event unless otherwise agreed.
7. The fee quoted is inclusive of travel based on a 20-mile distance from the celebrants’ home and is guaranteed for 30 days from the date of the written confirmation.
8. Every effort is made in good faith to fulfil the engagement, but responsibility cannot be accepted for non-arrival due to circumstances beyond the celebrants’ control, e.g. extreme weather conditions, industrial action, failure of public services etc. In the event of nonarrival, a refund will be made to the client, according to the circumstances prevailing.
9. In the event of illness, every effort will be made to provide a substitute celebrant and to pass on full details of the booking and planning documentation for the event. No additional fee will be charged.
10. Cancellation Charges. In the event of cancellation by the client for any reason, the following charges will apply from acceptance of a booking:
- 6 months or more prior to the event = forfeit of deposit;
- 3 – 6 months prior to the event = 50% of the fee;
- 1 – 2 months prior to the event = 75% of the fee; Within 1 month prior to the event = full fee payable
Cancellations will only be accepted in writing. Regrettably, telephone cancellations will not be accepted.